Recently I read Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. It was a very interesting book and I am actually experimenting with adopting the diet described in the book (basically grain free and all natural, unprocessed foods). On a side note, I have also cut out caffeine…which is HUGE. I guess I am trying to go natural overall
One of the coolest parts of the book was the list of the top 10 immunity boosters
Top 10 Influences which Boost Immunity (p 221)
- Cold pressed oils: olive oils, fish oils, nut and seed oils.
- Fresh eggs, particularly raw egg yolk.
- Onions and garlic.
- Freshly pressed vegetable and fruit juices.
- Regular consumption of greens: parsley, dill, coriander, spring onion and garlic, etc.
- Probiotic supplementation and fermented foods.
- Contact with animals: horses, dogs, etc. Having a pet in the family can do a lot for children’s immune status.
- Physical activity in the fresh air.
- Swimming in unpolluted natural waters: lakes, rivers, and sea.
- Exposure to sunlight and sensible sunbathing.