Hello my lovelies! Long time no talk. So sorry! I suck. I want to check in with you guys and give you a recap of what’s been going on, plus some fun things to watch/try…Here it is, in no particular order.
- I’ve been studying for my Precision Nutrition certification. It is AWESOME. So many times, certifications are just initials, and don’t really provide practical information, or how to apply the concepts. This PN certification is really great because it actually provides the tools for application! In fact, I just started experimenting with my new client enrollment/assessment procedures by using their materials, and will see how that works out (for me as well as my clients). TBD.
- The grad school schedule is finally up! I am a major planner, so I was waiting with extreme anticipation for the Fall 2010 schedule to be released. I think I will take 3 classes my first semester in grad school. If I take 3 in fall, 4 in spring, 4 in fall, 3 in spring, I should graduate within 2 years. But…the thought of jumping into 3 classes gives me a little bit of anxiety. I know I am perfectionistic, so I think 3 classes in addition to owning my own business, and working out with the goal of a figure or fitness show soonish, plus blog, plus cleaning at the studio and the house, plus cooking, plus healing, plus social life, plus everything else…makes me wonder if I will work myself into a tizzy and counteract all the low stress lovely lifestyle I have created for myself. On the other hand, I have to weigh the anxiety that I would be EXTENDING my grad school career. I want my masters. Like now. The degree should be in my hand. So the thought of taking a long time to get my masters does not appeal to me. I think maybe I should just focus on it and do it, and not drag it out. That’s why I think I should take 3. Thoughts?
- I have also been chefing it up in the kitchen! I experiment a LOT but often times things…umm…don’t turn out so fantastically (Kristina = rookie) so I don’t post up most of my “creative” endeavors. Things I recently experimented with: homemade Chocolate Mint “Cliff Bar” (FAIL)(no pic)
By the way, I have totally been loving:
- Cauliflower for breakfast with egg whites, cinnamon & stevia (“faux” oatmeal and you sneak in a VEGGIE for breakfast!)(Yes, I’m weird- maybe)
- Big bowl of veggies like brussel sprouts, kale, edamame, broccoli, etc with chicken and everything heated up and mixed with hummus, Bragg’s, nutritional yeast, and Ms Dash hot pepper flakes. DELISH!
- Went on a beautiful hike with the boo & dogs in Los Gatos. Look at Luke, all passed out! Abso-lutely-frikkin-ADORABLE!
- I saw this clip and posted this on my FB page, but also wanted to post it here, in case you missed it. I love the positivity and enthusiasm, and I think she is hilarious! httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg
- I want to post a few things I am grateful for:
- I am grateful for morning workouts
- I am grateful for two adorable, vibrant dogs
- I am grateful for my increasing healing
- I am grateful for my friend, Crystal, who helps hold me down
- I am grateful for the time I have now to share with you, and just be and reflect
- I am grateful for new songs on my playlist that amp me up
- I am grateful to Amanda for inspiring the GRATITUDE 😉
- Here is the freestyle fitness move of the week. I’ll call it “of the week” but I don’t know if weekly will be the case. Let’s just say “of the week.” The move is…a handstand!! I LOVE handstands. (Below- old school pics of me.) They are FUN, they are great for shoulder strength & stability, and by angling your feet in different ways, you place a huge demand on your core! Beginners, start against a wall and just HOLD a handstand. Peeps who are comfortable with holding handstands, I dare you to position your legs in different configurations! It’s hard! But good! And it looks badass. What do you think??
Much LOVE <3 <3 <3