So…I don’t know how I do it…I ended up going grocery shopping and cooking AGAIN today!! What is that, third day in a row?? Anyway…
My cold is feeling much better. I woke up congested today but my energy was strong and I went to the gym for a mild sesh. And I am stretching a LOT more. Are you proud of me??
So after the gym I was starving and made a monster protein pancake. MMMMMM! Today it was:
- 1 packet gluten-free oatmeal (apple cinnamon flavor? I can’t remember)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop Isopure strawberries and cream protein powder
- a dollap of FAGE 0% yogurt
- a dollap of organic canned pumpkin
- dash of cinnamon
- 4 frozen cherries, cut up
- a sprinkling of frozen goji berries
(I didn’t include a “healthy fat” because this is post-workout and wanted to focus on fast-digesting protein and carbs)
I topped it with Fage 0% yogurt, some Walden Farms zero-cal blueberry poison syrup, and a large organic strawberry. Yum!
Another thing I cooked today was turkey and kale and chard meatballs. Lately chicken has been getting little old and fish has been getting a little gross. Do you ever feel that way? So I decided to cook up a batch of turkey meatballs for my protein..supplemented with some kale and chard!!! woo haha :::demonic laughing:::
I mixed up with my hands
- organic free-range, non-antibiotic, free everything ground turkey
- organic kale, chopped
- organic chard, chopped
- a splash of EVOO
- hefty douse of minced garlic (be hefty!!!! you fellow garlic lovers know what I’m sayin’)
- hefty douse of dried minced onion (fresh would’ve been better, but I forgot to buy onion)
- lil bit of rosemary, cayenne, and cumin
- a lot of chili powder
and shaped them into balls, and put them in the oven at 425 for about 30 min. At the end, I decided to brown the outside by “sauteeing” them in the pan I had just cooked all my veggies in (unpictured). They turned out yummy!
Today is another gorgeous day! I have been feeling pretty peaceful lately ever since my big change a couple weeks ago (working for myself) and even moreso after attending the holistic lifestyle coaching cert! I don’t know, maybe it’s the nice weather, maybe it’s the super healthy eating, maybe it’s cutting out the caffeine..who knows! But I feel good!
Much love to you all~